Live In Bali Tax-Free For 5 Years With New Digital Nomad Visa
With over 17,000 islands, Indonesia boasts great ecological as well as cultural multiplicity. Recently, Indonesia’s tourism minister Sandiaga Uno said the new digital nomad visa will boost tourism towards a more sustainable model. The country is trying to tempt more remote workers to the country with a new digital nomad visa.
Indonesia has also been a hot place for certified TEFL teachers for teaching English as a foreign language. The idea to introduce the digital nomad visa was planned earlier in 2021 but it was cancelled due to the Covid-19 cases. Sandiaga Uno, revealed the idea for the five-year "digital nomad visa," with the goal of changing Indonesia's three 'S' - sun, sea, and sand - into "serenity, spirituality, and sustainability."
Important Things To Know About Indonesia’s New Digital Nomad Visa
The strategic digital nomad visa will be effective for five years. It will let remote workers to live in the country tax-free, as long as their revenue originates from businesses based outside of Indonesia. Officials believe that this will be a more reorganized application process with a greater regularity of flights to the archipelago aim to attract employees with work from anywhere procedures.
The 5year visa would become the longest digital nomad existing visa compared to other countries. However, at the moment in Indonesia, digital nomads can apply for a provisional visa to work from Indonesia. Options consist of the Visa on Arrival (VoA), which is effective for 30 days, the tourist visa, which can be renewed to last a total of 60 days, or a business visa that can be protracted to 180 days.
Teaching English Jobs in Indonesia
Following are the various types of teaching English jobs present in the country –
- Private schools - Private and private international schools endure to search for English teachers for K-12 and usually pay their teachers well. Preschools and kindergartens are particularly popular destinations for certified ESL teachers.
- Language schools/extra-curricular programs – ESL opportunities are at language schools or after-school centers as well. EF language school has a big presence in several Indonesian cities.
According to data, Asia is a top significance for various digital nomads. Indonesia, particularly Bali, is revealed to be one of their supreme selections among tourists. The remote working visa comes as part of an impulsion for a different kind of tourist in widespread destinations like Bali.
Common benefits for skilled teachers in Indonesia are – affordable lifestyle, paid vacation and sick leave, etc. Also, the cost of living is quite reasonably priced in comparison to life in the US or Europe. However, this will entirely depend on your individual spending habits.
Popular Places To Teaching English in Indonesia
The major teaching cities in Indonesia are as follows:
- Jakarta – You will find most teaching opportunities here, the capital of the country. If you are looking for a fast-paced lifestyle, this is the place for you.
- Surabaya – This is Indonesia’s second-largest city. Known as The City of Heroes, this is perfect for history lovers.
- Bandung – Bandung is the capital of West Java. If you want to be surrounded by nature, this is a great option.
The academic year starts in mid-July and ends in mid-June. Learners receive a break in December and for the Muslim Eid Holiday, which changes each year. Though, most programs hire teachers year-round.
Qualifications Needed For Teaching English in Indonesia
To teach English in Indonesia, you need to have a bachelor’s degree and a TEFL or TESOL certificate. Furthermore, most programs need a one-year commitment. Classroom teaching experience is ideal but not mandatory for most positions.
As Indonesia plans to deliver a special five-year digital nomad visa to foreign workers of businesses like Airbnb, Twitter, and others that have started enabling staff to work remotely. Earn your TEFL Course online and start teaching English in Indonesia like a pro.